Food for Life
The Food for Life Served Here Award is a Soil Association accreditation scheme recognising caterers who demonstrate greater use of fresh, seasonal and organic ingredients in the production of their menus.
We are delighted to have been accredited with the Food for Life Served Here Bronze Award, demonstrating our commitment to a Whole School Approach to food.
Parents can be reassured that our meals meet these criteria:
- No undesirable additives or trans fats.
- At least 75% of dishes are freshly prepared from unprocessed ingredients.
- Meat is from farms which satisfy UK welfare standards.
- Eggs are from free range hens.
- Menus are seasonal.
- Catering staff are supported with skills training in fresh food preparation.
- Free drinking water is prominently available.
- No fish is served from the (MCS) ‘fish to avoid’ list.
- All suppliers have been verified to ensure they apply appropriate food safety standards.
Find out more about the Food for Life programme and its benefits for schools.