We go the extra mile to support the needs of children with food allergies or intolerances.
Our Dietitian will tailor our standard menus for children who need one or more of the top 14 allergens* to be excluded from their diet.
*Top 14 Allergens:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
Please ensure that you read the CCS medical diet procedure carefully. You will also need to complete our medical diet request form. Both documents can be downloaded below.
Although we do not use nuts or peanuts in our recipes, we still ask parents of children who are allergic to these foods to complete our medical diet request form. This allows us to inform them that some of our products may contain traces of nuts/peanuts. If there is a need to avoid products with a risk of traces, we will exclude these from the child’s diet.
Please download our full medical diet procedure (PDF)
Please download our medical diet request form (PDF)
Children with Type I Diabetes
Our Registered Dietitian has worked closely with the NHS to come up with a unique menu chart for parents of children with type 1 diabetes. This enables an accurate carbohydrate count to be determined for their child's chosen meals each day.
Feedback from Parents
Our medical diet procedure has given parents the confidence to allow their children to enjoy a school meal that accommodates medical diets. Read the positive feedback received by our Dietitian: